Thank you Thank you… | Balsam Range Thank you Thank you… | Balsam Range

We can’t thank everyone enough for the incredible week we’ve had in Raleigh! It was another grand week for the band and our families.

We were blessed to be named  IBMA 2015 Vocal Group of the Year, and to win Song of the Year for Moon Over Memphis!

Tim was also named Bass Player of the Year, which was presented by Buddy!

We also received a high honor from the Governor’s Office. We were inducted into The Order of the Long Leaf Pine, which is North Carolina’s highest civilian honor. Thank you to Senator Jim Davis for presenting it to us onstage on Friday night! We are so proud of our home state.

We are so blessed to have you all for our friends. Playing this music is reward enough, and any recognition is just humbling. Thank you for your support for these 8 years. Here’s to more!

Balsam Range at the IBMA Awards, WOB 2015, James McKelvey Kelv Images12107774_10207939502787044_2397109198579873807_n12095246_10101943912929951_6881451815092953497_o

10 Comments

1. avatar

Congratulations on your IBMA awards! Balsam Range just gets better and better. So glad PBS broadcasted the awards this year. I remember a few years ago I listened to the awards show on Sirius radio in my car. Then we went to Raleigh to the IBMAs 2 years ago. Enjoyed your music at the Outer Banks Bluegrass Festival last year. From the time we first saw you in Canton at Easter Time (Buddy’s first show since his accident) to the present, I have followed your careers. Congratulations again guys- you are truly blessed!

2. avatar

Congratulations on yet more IBMA Awards and your State award! You truly deserve them. I was delighted to be able to watch the IBMA Award show in England even though it was in the middle of the night! I have followed your progress since meeting you in Dollywood in June 2014 and look forward to coming to see you hopefully in Cherokee and anywhere else I can find you in June 2016. Bless you all, you’re magic.

Glad we made it over there! See you in Cherokee!

3. avatar

Congratulations! Larry and I are thrilled about your current honors! We haven’t been able to see you the last 2 years in SDC, but did all of the other years you were there and we know what a great group you are. The last time I saw you was in Spruce Pine with my sis, Diana who at the time lived in Pittsboro, NC. We always enjoyed your shows and talking to you afterwards. We have all of your CD’s. We are so very happy for you! Hope to see all of you again. Enjoy the ride! Linda

4. avatar

First saw BR at “Bluegrass Island” in 2014. Had never heard of you & we were blown away!! The next week you owned IBMA!! Saw you again at Graves Mountain and our large group of friends were simply impressed. Been a bluegrass fan since I bought “Scruggs & Flatt at Carnage Hall” in 1964. You guys have approach that level of greatness. I wish you much success in the future.

5. avatar

Congratulations to all the members of Balsam Range! You are truly a gifted group and bluegrass fans are blessed to be able to hear such awesome music!! We look forward to seeing you every year here in Missouri at Silver Dollar City! Hopefully we can travel to some of your other concerts in 2016. God bless all of you????

6. avatar

Congratulations on all of your IBMA awards! We are so happy for all of you. You certainly deserved them — and more! It was awesome that Tim won Bass Player of the Year. Also congratulations on receiving the Order of the Long Leaf Pine award. What an honor. You guys just get better all the time! We missed seeing you in Maine this year. Please come back next year. We need our Balsam Range fix!

7. avatar

Absolutely the finest touring bluegrass band today. Drove all the way from Texas to Bristol to see ya’ll at Rhythm and Roots Fest 2 years in a row. Sorry I had to miss the Blooming Bluegrass in Ft Worth, but you can bet I will catch you boys next time you are in Texas, along with everybody I can grab to join me!!
    Congrats on your IBMA awards this year, I was able to listen in on Sirius.

8. avatar

We are finally home from our trip out West and thank heaven we took along our BALSAM RANGE CD’s. Missed you by two days at Farmers Branch, TX. Congrats on all your accomplishments and wins — and the NC Long Leaf award. Each of you are so talented and a BIG THANK YOU to your families for sharing “y’all” with your devoted fans. Can’t wait to see you soon.:-) 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 Jerry & Ann

Submit a Comment