New Record Going Well!

Hello all! We are hard at work in the studio working on the 5th BR record.

I have to say, this may be the best collection of songs that we’ve ever had! We can’t wait to play them live. In fact, we snuck one into the program in Ithaca, NY last week!

By the way, they treated us so nicely up there. They even took care of us after our flight home was canceled due to the snow. Thanks to Rick and Sally Manning for having us, and Scott and his staff at La Tourelle Resort for exceptional hospitality!

I would definitely go there for a vacation! Beautiful country, and really good people.

Well, back to work!

Tim

21 Comments

1. avatar

I can’t wait till the new cd comes out. I have all of your cd’s! I wish you could play closer to our area more often. I can’t wait to see ya at Silver Dollar City! Y’all are great! God bless.

2. avatar

Howdy Haywood County friends! If I join Balsam Nation now, can I get the new album before it’s available instead of Papertown (which I’ve already purchased)? I’m looking forward to the new record. You’ll have to be on your A-game to top Papertown!

3. avatar

So looking forward to the new CD! I also wish you guys could come to this area more. Will see you again at Silver Dollar City, but sure wish you could do Starvey Creek as well…

4. avatar

Will BR ever get near CT? Or lower eastern N. Y. ? Looking forward to the new CD.

5. avatar

So excited about the new CD!!!! We are so proud of all of you. 5th CD, that’s hard to believe too.

I sure hope that the Blue Ridge Music Center will have you guys back again this year. It’s an awesome sound there and a beautiful place and real close to home for us to come. Hope to see you on the road soon. Blessings on the road as you travel.

6. avatar

Outsatanding musicfrom an outstanding group of guys! And a big howdy from Dalton the Mountaineer!

7. avatar

Which CD has “Wide River to Cross”? Are chords/tab available?

Richard, it is on Papertown. I don’t think that there chords/tabs available.

8. avatar

Balsam Range Winter Series Concerts at the Colonial Theatre have been amazing. Two more to go…get tickets now!

9. avatar

hey guys,
    I just saw a rerun of “Song of the Mountains” and because I was there, it brought back memories………..
    I am so proud of you all,I can’t stand it. I am sooooo looking forward to the new music, the new year, I’ll see when ever I can.
    Love to you all,
    Karen Carnes

10. avatar

I am looking forward to this new album.

I’ve been really impressed with the quality and diversity of songwriting and the instrumental & vocal performance/execution in your recordings.

Keep up the good work

11. avatar

Saw ya”ll on tv a few weeks ago Tim what a great job.WNC is so proud of Balsam Range.I know my good FRIEND who taught me how to railroad would be so PROUD of his son.

Thank you Jimmy! I sure miss him. He was a railroad man!

12. avatar

I think you guys should know that my favorite youtube number features “Burning Georgia Down.” Such an excellent treatment of a fine song, and such a great way to showcase each player’s talent. I’m always amused when I see BR in person or via the internet that Marc is always smiling, despite the message of the song being rendered. He’s been that way since his days at Gold City where my Dad first saw him and said, “This kid’s as good as Earl, and that’s some pretty good pickin’, I’d say.”

13. avatar

Hi Guys,
    I’m from Burnsville, N.C. but spend winters in Florida. I am thrilled to see you’re going to be at Skippers in Tampa on April 18. I will be there with bells on..looking forward to seeing my mountain buddies that I am SOO proud of !!!
    God bless and keep you safe.
    ~Sheila~

14. avatar

Ya’ll sure did a great job at Down Home in Johnson City last night.We hit a snow storm going back home at Sam’s Gap BUT it was sure worth it.
    You all are mighty blessed with talent. Maybe one day we can get on your list for a concert in Dacusville SC..50 miles SW of Asheville.Again, Thanks for a wonderful time…

15. avatar

Great show @ Down Home! We had 8 family members and 2 friends with us and they all had a wonderful time. Hope to see you again soon!

16. avatar

We’re looking forward to your new CD and will enjoy listening to it as much as we do your other ones. Can’t have enough Balsam Range – You are THE BEST!!

17. avatar

Thanks for helping me celebrate my birthday Mar. 29,2014 at Down Home. I really enjoyed the music. First time hearing the group

18. avatar

I just listened to you perform on Presley’s Satuday Night Show on RFDTV and I thought you all were amazing. I look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

Submit a Comment